Thursday, March 15, 2012

A double dose of bad news

Today was the most recent in a string of emotionally draining days. We have dealt with my pressure at work. Stress from ex's. Anxiety over planning a family trip. We even had a shouting match over whether or not a friend should come over the other night. All thoroughly exhausting.

And then...

Mr. T's mom has been fighting cancer for several years. It had seemed fairly optimistic for the majority of the past two. And then a few months ago it was not so much. And a new scan has revealed that it's even more not so much.

And then...

My stepkids' mom, Mrs. Ex, was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer.

Really.

To say that I'm heartbroken and sad would be an understatement. I'm devastated, on all fronts. I'm terrified.

I am totally powerless.

No comments:

Post a Comment